Monday, May 5, 2014

A birthday card & the STROMSVIGT "12 in '14 challenge for May

Hey there,

How's this year's NSD been for you?
Did you find time to scrap?

Unfortunately my day was different to what I had planned,
so I only created a card for a 50th birthday of a friend.
I used my beloved Silhouette Cameo & I know why I LOVE it.


And now I'm showing you what I did with all the punched out circles I showed on Instagram

The prompt Nina gives us this month for the "12 in '14 challenge" is to use WASHI.
I didn't want to use it the normal way, so i used a sheet of printer paper, washi tape & punched out many different sizes of circles (plus some from matching paper). I was inspired by the picture i used - a little branch overgrown with circle shaped lichen - and recreated a similar shape on the background paper with the circles.


When i had laid them all out on my background I thought that something was missing, so i put them all aside again and mixed some matching acrylic colors & splattered them on the background.


Then I glued everything down.


Added some enamel dots...

and some of my beloved STROMSVIGT stamps.

I really LOVE these prompts Nina gives us each month!
I hope you feel inspired, too, & if you create something,
hop over to Nina's blog & enter it for a chance to win something!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Bianca Araujo said...

So gorgeous! Beautiful LO! Wunderschön! Das gefällt mir sehr gut!
I also started to write on my own blog! Schau mal ! :-)
http://scrapkiste.blogspot.de/

Nice page!


LG,

Bianca

kat78 said...

DAAAAANKE, Bianca!!!!!
*-;

Gerlinde said...

Sehr gute Idee mit den Kreisen- wird gespeichert! Viele Hugs an euch zwei!!!!! Lg Gerlinde

ninasays said...

Hey there :) Das ist wirklich cool geworden! Die Farben sind super, so schön knallig auf dem Kraft!
Liebe Grüße aus Mannheim!
Nina

kat78 said...

DAAAAANKE!! (;
(hab Deinen Kommentar erst nicht gefunden, weil ich beim neusten Post gesucht hab, hihi...)